Yes, we love Frank (who doesn?t?), but the reason we are singing his tune is that 2015 really was a very good year at PK. It was a dynamic period of swift growth, new digs and fresh starts ? professionally, and personally ? for many of us. Below are just some of the 2015 milestones we want to share and savor before the year becomes history:
- 20/20 That’s not our vision; that’s our sales achievement for 2015! PK sales increased more than 20 percent this year, and we are about to hit $20 million in annual sales.
- In March we moved into beautifully remodeled headquarters on Pawtucket Avenue in East Providence. The 21,000-square foot building is just off I-195; features loads more room for production, distribution and inventory; has comfortable workspaces for all and features a terrific showroom.
- We pumped up our customization ability a couple of notches with the installation of a state-of-the-art Direct To Garment (DTG) printer from Kornit. It allows us to offer on-demand personalized T-shirts and other apparel even in the smallest batches.
- The PK family celebrated two weddings during the summer. Finance Director Joy (Gothberg) Cook married Stephen Cook in June, and Garrett Duffy of Corporate Sales married Chrissy Barabas in August.
- A Providence Business News article in October told the story of how PK struggled during the Great Recession and how we emerged stronger and better positioned to compete ? garnering attention and kudos from readers and friends near and far.
- As the year ends, we are putting the final touches on a video showcasing our work and sharing the PK way. Stay tuned!
As Old Blue Eyes would say, 2015 “was a very good year.” We hope it was a good year for you, as well.